Addressing Global Issues



Insufficient Water Supply

Water scarcity impacts 40% of the world’s population and an estimated half of the world's population will be living in water-stressed areas by 2025.

Lack of Economic Means to Satisfy the Standard Demand for Water

Globally, 2.2B+ people lack access to safely managed drinking water services, 884M+ do not have safe water to drink, and about 1 in 3 schools lack safe drinking water access.

Affects Many Areas of Life

Water scarcity limits access to safe drinking water, basic hygiene, and water resources for livestock and farm crops.

Learn More ›



Tap Water

Tap water is exposed to numerous contaminants when transported through corrosive pipes and is commonly treated with chlorine and fluoride – known toxins.

Bottled Water

Studies have shown that bottled water releases trace amounts of polymer plastic and other toxic chemicals into the water, especially when exposed to heat.

Significant Health Risks

Contaminated drinking water is a common cause of many adverse health effects, both cognitive and physiological, affecting 500M+ people every year.

Learn More ›



Ground and Freshwater

Ground and freshwater resources are finite, tedious to maintain, and require expensive processes to extract and purify the water.

Costly Infrastructure

Distributing water from groundwater reservoirs requires the positioning of miles of underground pipes which are costly to position, maintain, and repair.

Throwaway Plastic Bottles

Single-use plastic bottles take around 450 years to decompose and are one of the leading contributors to global plastic pollution.

Learn More ›

Learn More | RussKap Insights:

Global Issues Facing Drinking Water Today

  • 1500 plastic bottles are consumed and dumped in the U.S. every second (over 120 million per day).

  • It takes around 450 years for plastic to decompose into smaller pieces – it never biodegrades.

  • Only 20% of bottles are recycled – the other 80% contribute to the buildup of plastic waste and pollution.

  • Around 8-9 million tons of plastic end up in our oceans and waterways every year.

1 of 4

Single-Use Plastic Bottle Consumption

Figure A: Daily Consumption – 1.3B bottles

Figure B: Monthly Consumption – 40B bottles

Figure C: Past 10 Years – 4T bottles

Reduce Plastic Waste with RussKap AWG

How Does RussKap AWG Compare?